Monday, March 23, 2015

Sensory Bin: Red

Sensory Bin: Red
Me:
Look P,
- a red helicopter,
- a red A
- a red wrench and a red bolt
- a red cog
- red "Legos"
So P, what color is this?

P enthusiastically replies (with the brightest eyes and the widest smiles):
Pink!

Well, she is in a season of Pink after all!

What's wrong with me?

This is why I never really made sensory bins. M didn't like them. 
I'm guessing P is not interested in them either.

Why?
- because all red is probably not much fun 
- because she was in the mood for "developing her gross motor skills" 
(Baby R and I had to go to the bedroom. Tot P tagged along and had a 
grand time making a pillow mountain and jumping around)
- because she'd rather play with something else period. Yes, kids are 
like that.

Maybe this is what she sees?

 I'll give it a few more tries before I decide if sensory bins are a go or no go.
There are other fun ways for P to learn. We can always use other methods
to achieve the same desired learning outcome. None of them will involve a
written exam.

p.s. My apologies for the off shots. We're still in between cameras. Just
making do with what's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment